Welcome to the Evasi0n Jailbreak WikiEdit
Evasi0n is a program used to jailbreak many iOS devices including: iPhones, iPad, iTouch, and Apple TV.
The process is known to be one of the simplest Jailbreaks to hit the market for the new iOS 6.
About this JailbreakEdit
Throught the use of Cydia, this jailbreak allows the user to change themes, add 3rd party apps, and tweak their iDevice to their liking. It takes only a few minutes to do, but the possibilities are endless.
Compatible with: All iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 6.0 through 6.1
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!Edit
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.